A lot of things happened in 1962. Here are some of them:
Popular Culture 1962
- Beatles Turned Down By Decca Records
- Release of first Beatles recording: the single “Love Me Do”
- Andy Warhol’s famous painting of a can of soup
- Beverly Hill Billies is on TV
- The Dick Van Dyke show on TV
- Johnny Carson begins as presenter for The Tonight Show
- West Side Story
- El Cid
- Lawrence of Arabia
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- The Beatles
- Bob Dylan
- Chubby Checker
- Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
- Neil Sedaka
- Roy Orbison
- Shirley Bassey
But one of the most important things that happened in 1962 was my parents getting married! Wow! That’s 56 years ago! What a trek! Six kids, nine grandkids and three great-grandkids. What an abundant life!
Living in any decade is hard. It wasn’t easy. My dad worked and my mom stayed home and took care of all of us. Growing up was fun and we were never without. If we ever were, we didn’t know about it! We traveled, went on vacations, church, school, ball games, played with our neighborhood friends, celebrated birthdays, holidays, etc. It was the life! An abundant life!
The abundant life they created together began with a love of Jesus and each other. Then it trickled down into our family. Generations have been blessed because of this union and generations to come will be blessed. All because two people fell in love and both of them worked extremely hard year after year to keep it together. Happy 56th Anniversary, Mom and Dad!